Breathe SMART teaches powerful, practical techniques in combination with the underlying knowledge of how our mind, body and emotions function, to create meaningful change in our lives and the world around us.
The special role breathing plays in this can greatly help individuals to find constructive and less damaging ways to cope with difficult situations.
Breathe SMART is a practical and effective stress management program initiating positive individual development and impacting society on the whole.
The program teaches techniques providing a basis for self management, increasing confidence, the ability to resolve conflicts, strengthening human values, reducing aggression, anxiety and dependence on addictive substances.
The techniques are mainly based on physical yoga exercises, dynamic breathing techniques, meditation and an introduction to knowledge points/life keys that, through reflection, work to help deal with their own feelings, thoughts and life circumstances.
Participants are also given the opportunity to tap into the Breathe SMART social community, which facilitates the knowledge points, keys and strategies taught on the course.
All our benefits are validated by feedback from course participants, those who work with them, and from a number of studies which have been carried out.
Positive medical and psychological effects of the training as reported by the participants include:
- Normalised sleep patterns
- Reduced depression and anxiety
- Decreased reliance on medication and drugs
- Increased energy
- Increased focus and clarity of mind
- Increased resilience to daily stressors of life
- Increased self-esteem and confidence
- Decreased interpersonal conflicts
- Decreased engaging in destructive behaviour
- Improved immunity and physical well-being
- Freedom from traumatic scars of the past
- Greater positive outlook on the future